Tuesday

It’s been a wet old day. Floods in SE QLD and northern NSW have been on the news all day. It’s been devastating to see the damage and loss of life. 

News reports tell us that it’s all headed this way starting tonight and through tomorrow. School sent a letter to advise us to consider keeping kids home tomorrow. It means I don’t have to go in early to drop S at school, so yep, they can stay at home. 

It’s shrove Tuesday which for us, means pancakes for breakfast. I’m pleased that the kids want to keep that tradition going and I hope that they keep it up in future for their own families. 

This morning consisted of making canja with a frozen chicken in the pressure cooker. I added lots of peas, carrots and garlic. I took Charlie for a quick walk around the block before the rain came and then took a large container of canja to dad. Gotta make sure he’s eating okay while he’s at home in isolation.

I slipped on a wet slimy patch near dads mailbox and one foot slid to the fence and I landed in my right knee. Ouch! It’s a little bit sore and bruised. When you’re young, you fall over but as you get older, you ‘have a fall’. Why is that?

Once I got home, I ate a big bowl of canja for lunch and then finished off a couple of name pillows. 

Hubby arrived in Darwin from London early afternoon which is always a relief when he’s back on the ground. 

The rain has still been going throughout the afternoon which is a bit miserable. 

We had early & quick dinner and then watched a couple episodes of dance moms. 

Another early evening on the bed. After shower I started Alone S3.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday

Wednesday