Thursday

Wednesday was wet. Lots of rain through the day. I did manage to get a quick walk around the block with Charlie between rain showers. We only got a little bit wet at the end. If he hadn't been so silly when we were putting his harness on, we would have been home in plenty of time.

It was also a day for baking. I wasn't bothered going down to the shops to and it had been ages since I'd baked bread or rolls for school, so that's what I did.

I made 1.5 times the dough in my thermomix. 

450g water

3 tsp yeast

1.5 tsp salt

20g olive oil

750g bakers flour

With these ingredients, I made 5 HUGE cheese and bacon rolls and a medium sized loaf of bread. 


And then, because the oven was on, I decided to use up the last of the puff pastry and make sausage rolls. These sausage rolls are so easy to make. 3 sheets of pastry and a packet of thick sausages from the supermarket. I was a little bit fancy with my sausage rolls and brushed egg and sprinkled with sesame seeds over the top. 


I also made a cauliflower and bacon soup for dinner which the kids really loved. With all of the rain and cooler temperature, we certainly enjoyed some soup.

Mushrooms have started growing in the back lawn. They're just so cute and delicate but will shrivel up and wither away once the sun comes out again. Today doesn't seem to be the day for sunshine.

Nothing super exciting planned for my day - the house needs cleaning, the dog needs walking, laundry needs to be done... the usual. 

St arrived in Darwin last night and is there until tomorrow night when he leaves for London. It feels like he's been gone for ages already, but still another week before he comes home. Blurgh!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday

Monday

Weekend